There is something for everyone in Esperance Point and running the Peninsula Experience has given us an insight into all the local attractions!
Here are 6 of the best reasons to come experience what our corner of Tasmania offers the brave adventurer.
1. The local fishing village of Dover is our local village and is perfect for anyone wanting to experience the old-world charm of one of Tasmania’s most southern fishing towns. With old-fashioned cottages and unspoilt scenery, the pretty village instantly transports visitors back in time. Dover also contains the largest salmon fish farm in the southern hemisphere and, true to its reputation, boasts great fishing for abalone, salmon and crayfish off the Dover Wharf.
2. Hastings Caves and Thermal Springs: A guided cave tour will enable you to experience spectacular cave sculptures formed millions of years past. With spacious, well-lit passages, the 45-minute tour is a favourite for our guests and visitors to the region. The nearby thermal springs pool is the perfect complement to the tour, with the temperature staying around 28 degrees naturally heated and surround by native forest ferns.
3. Ida Bay Railway and Café: This heritage railway is one of the last remaining bush tramways in Australia and visitors can experience for themselves the scenic visages that surround the tracks, passing through native bush and along the coast to reach a secluded pristine beach. At the end of the round journey, travellers can enjoy a diverse menu at the Station Café.
4. Hartz Mountain National Park: For the fitness or hiking enthusiasts, the Hartz Mountain National Park offers trails for all levels of fitness. Set in pristine vegetation and offering stunning views of the local region, the park is part of Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area.
5. Gorgeous Local Beaches: For those wanting a more relaxing beach holiday, our local coast offers some of the most pristine locations. There are three beaches in the immediate area, Kent is located east of the Peninsula Experience, Roaring further along the Coast Rd and many other scenic locations within a short drive from us.
6. Our Own Property: Finally, while the Peninsula Experience boasts some of the most luxury accommodation in Tasmania, we are also dedicated to protecting and cherishing the native heritage of our land. For this reason, our 250-acre property is maintained in pristine condition, with walking tracks available for all our guests to experience the untouched wilderness themselves.
Come and experience the region for yourself on a once-in-a-lifetime vacation to The Peninsula. Maybe you’ll find your own local piece of paradise!